Time – honoured medicine for the modern world
COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE aims to make the most of our body’s capacity to get well. It takes many different forms; some have developed over thousands of years; others have come about through modern clinical research and experience. All hold the principle that your body possesses a self-healing mechanism and that this can be encouraged to enable each individual to attain his or her own optimum state of health. To facilitate this the complementary practitioner aims to treat the whole person rather than just a set of symptoms.
If you are new to complementary medicine, you may be unsure which approach is right for you. We will arrange for a practitioner to call you back to discuss your needs. There is no charge for this service and no obligation to take up treatment.
- WHY COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE?
- It treats the whole person – not just his or her symptoms.
- It has a wide scope of application – it can be used to treat people with almost any complaint, from the mildest illness to the most deep-seated disease.
- It is preventive – Practitioners can often spot weaknesses before symptoms manifest, and so correct imbalances before disease develops.
- It increases your level of health - if a person is weak and susceptible then illness can set in. Natural medicine can improve your level of health leaving you less open to disease.
- It has a history of success - some therapies have been practised for over 2000 years. People use them because they work.
- It is safe –complementary medicine is safe and gentle and highly effective in restoring health and preventing disease.
- How many sessions will I need? This depends on many factors – the type of treatment, and the nature of the problem. Commonly people will attend for 3 – 8 sessions, but for some, one is adequate, others may need spread out “maintenance” treatment.
- Does treatment conflict with my doctor and current treatment? No, we aim to work fully with the medical professions for you’re wellbeing.
This site is for information only - please consult a professional practitioner.